1.A.honest B.note C.sob D.pocket
2.A.near B.hear C.early D.dear
3.A.suppose B.suddenly C.result D.up
4.A.promise B.silence C.selfish D.addict
5.A.lie B.quietly C.die D.pie
6.A.truth B.health C.thin D. weather
7.A.color B.force C. emperor D.doctor
8.A.chat B.famous C. graduate D.cash
9.A.dragon B.guide C.heritage D.magnificent
10.A.bay B.say C. Monday D.day
11. The ”Chinese Dream” is dream to improve people's well-being and
dream of harmony, peace and development.
A.a; the B.the; the C.the; a D.a; a
12.一Which of the shirts do you like better?
一I’ll take . They are expensive and out of fashion.
A.neither B.either C. none D.both
13. 一You getting a ticket.
一Yes, but I didn't notice the road sign when I was turning the corner.
A. should have avoided B. must have avoided
C. could have avoided D.might avoid
14. The increase of the number of the students makes the limited computers not
to each student.
A.available B.affordable C.helpful D. acceptable
15.You play with fire, Tom. It's dangerous.
A.needn't B.may not C.mustn't D. wouldn't
16. 一Gina, you look thinner. What's the secret?
一 ,I exercise more than before.
A.First of all B.As a result C.In that case D.By the way
17.If we computers too much, I'm afraid that we night forget how to write Chinese
characters one day.
A.care about B.deal with C.depend on D.care for
18.一I think John set a good example in our school,
一That's true. Whoever is , he always tries his best to give a hand.
A.in trouble B.in public C.in person D.in advance
19.一Why are you leaving your job?
一I can't stand it any longer.I always to work overtime.
A.am; asking B.am; asked
C.was; asking D.was; asked
20.Don't leave the water while you brush your teeth.
A.run B.running C.being run D.to run
21.The boy had a handsome face the scar on his forehead.
A.except B.except for C.except that D. besides
22.一What do you want to do next? We have half an hour until the basketball game.
一 . Whatever you want to do is fine with me.
A.It just depends B.It's up to you C.All right D.Glad to hear that
23.一Lucy,I hear the new TV tower is. fantastic. Could you tell me .
一 Sure! Take No.8 bus.It's not far.
A.how far it is B.where is it
C.how I can get there D. which bus should I take
24. Michelle found a job as a highschool teacher which spending quite a lot of time
A.enjoys B. involves C. practices D. suggests
25. The book tells stories of the earthquake through the eyes of those lives were
A.whose B.that C. who D. which
26. 一Do you think George has passed the driving test?
一No.If so, he his car to our college yesterday.
A.would drive B.drove
C. would have driven D.had driven
27.Not until he went through real hardship the love we have for our families is
A.had he realized B.did he realize
C.he realized D.he had realized
28.When walking down the street, I came across David, who I for years.
A.didn't see B.haven't seen C.hadn't seen D.wouldn't see
29 . the average of the population increases, there are more and more old people to
A. Unless B.Until C.As D. While
30.It's quite hot today.Do you feel like for a swim?
A.to go B.going C.go D.having gone
31.The Scottish girl blue eyes won the first prize in the Fifth Chinese Speech Con-
A.by B.of C.in D.with
32. When he was running after his brother, the boy lost his and had a bad fall.
A. Balance B.chance C.memory D.place
33.Susan made clear to me that she wished to make a new life for herself.
A.that B.this C.it D.her
34. Eye doctors suggest that a child's first eye exam at the age of six months old.
A.was B.is C. were D.be
35.I felt very tired when I got home, and I straight to bed.
A.go B. went C.have gone D.had gone
Last autumn, my 80-year-old grandmother was having problems with her heart. My family sent
Her to the 36 .
After a careful examination, a famous doctor told my grandmother,”You have such a 37
heart condition that you should have an operation.”
“But the complications (并发症) can happen.” the doctor 38 my grandmother and looked
at her worried face.
The doctor went on to say that she would have a 40 percent possibility of having a heart trouble
39 the operation, a 35 percent possibility of being unable to stand up, and even 20 percent of
40 on the operating table because of her old age.
My grandmother was terribly surprised and quickly said, “Doctor, since you're talking about these
41 , I have one for you: there is a 100 percent possibility that you won't operate on me!"42 these words, my grandmother got up 43 the doctor’s office.
The next day, my grandmother went to 44 doctor's office.There she was also told she needed
an 45 .The doctor also said that her 46 might cause some problems, 47 he was quite
sure about the success of operation.
My grandmother might be brave, but she is not silly,. She then asked the doctor, “If I am your
mother, what will you 48 ?”
The doctor walked up to her, smiled, put his arms 49 her, and said, “Mom, let's have the
My grandmother had the operation and came out 50 ! Her positive attitude added many
wonderful and happy years for her.
36. A. park B.hospital C. restaurant D.hotel
37.A. wonderful B.difficult C. proper D. serious
38. A.advised B. warned C.promised D. encouraged
39. A.before B.till C.during D. against
40.A.fighting B. hurting C. returning D.dying
41.A. actions B.changes C. conditions D. possibilities
42. A. With B.At C.For D.By
43.A.left B. researched C. passed D. visited
44. A.other B. another C.the other D.one
45. A.operation B.experience C.offer D.examination
46.A.weight B.height C.age D.length
47.A. when B.if C.because D.but
48. A.imagine B.recommend C.mind D.need
49.A.above B.over C. around D.below
50.A.disabled B.sad C.dead D.fine
Mr. White works in an office. One day, when he had lunch, a friend came to visit him. They
were very happy and talked a lot. Then they looked at the clock on the wall. It was time to go to
office. He had to say goodbye to his friend and left.It was raining hard and the streets were wet. He
drove too fast to see the red lights.And he couldn't stop his car and hit a car in front of his. An old
man got off and called out angrily, “What are you doing? Do you want to hit me to death?"
“I’m sorry, sir," said Mr. White."I didn't find the light turned red." Then he brought out a bottle of
wine and gave it to the old man. “It's very cold today, sir," said Mr. White." Please drink a little, and
then you'll be warmer."
The old man drank some wine and became happy.”I'm feeling much better now. Why don't you
drink any?" he asked.
“I can't drink anything now, sir," answered Mr. White. “I'm waiting for the policeman to come.
Only drunkers cause accidents , you know !”
51.The story happened （ ）
A.in the afternoon B.in the morning
C.in the evening D.at night
52.Mr. White drove too fast because （ ） .
A.he was good at drinking. B.he was happy that day
C.he was afraid to be late D.there were few cars in the street
53.Mr. White hit the car because .（ ）
A.he couldn't stop his car in time
B.he didn't see it !
C.it was raining hard
D.he couldn't drive at all
54.Mr. White gave a bottle of wine to the old man .（ ）
A.to make him happy
B.to make him warm
C.to leave there before the policeman rived
D.to put the blame onto him
55.At last .（ ）
A.the old man felt much better
B.the old man was friendly to Mr. White
C.Mr. White drank some, too
D.Mr. White fooled the old man
Bamboo is one of nature's most surprising plants.Many people call this plant a tee, but it is a
kind of grass.
Like other kinds of grass, a bamboo plant may be cut very low to the ground, but it will grow
back very quickly. A Japanese scientist reported one bamboo plant which grew 1.5 meters in 24
hours! Bamboo grows almost everywhere in the world except Europe.There are more than 1, 000
kinds of bamboo.
Not all bamboo looks the same. Some bamboo plants are very thin.They may only grow to be a
few centimeters wide while others may grow to more than 30 centimeters across. This plant also comes
in different colors, from yellow to black to green.
Bamboo has been used to make many things such as hats and kitchen tools. Because it is strong,
bamboo is also used to build buildings.
Many Asian countries have used bamboo for hundreds of years.They often use bamboo for build-
ings and supporting new buildings and bridges while they are being built.
In Africa, poor farmers are taught how to find water using bamboo. These African countries need
cheap way to find water because they have no money, and their fields often die from no rain and no
water. Bamboo pipes help poor farmers bring water to their thirsty fields without spending a lot of
56.How is bamboo like grass? （ ）
A.It's wood. B.It grows quickly. C.it is easy to cut. D.It is very thin.
57.Though you can see bamboo everywhere, it doesn't grow （ ）.
A.in Europe B.in China C.on mountains D.in Africa
58. Why is bamboo used by African poor farmers? Because .（ ）
A.it is strong B.it has different colors
C.it is cheap D.it has been used by Asians
59. Bamboo pipes can . （ ）
A.make money B.be trees C.carry water D.grow quickly
60.In Asia, bamboo has been used for .（ ）
A.a short time B.many thousands of years
C.about 100 years D.many hundreds of years
61.-I got that job I wanted at the public library.
- ! That's good news.
A.Go ahead B. Cheers C.Congratulations D.Come on
62.- Why not stay here a little longer?
- , but I really have to go.
A. Never mind B.I'd love to
C.Pleased to meet you D.I can't find any reason
63.-I am going to Spain for a holiday soon.
A.It's my pleasure B.Never mind C.Leave it alone D.Good for you
64.--Hey, can I ask you a favor?
A.what can I do for you?
B.just as I thought.
C.how is it going?
D.here you are.
65.- Would you mind answering some questions on shopping habits?
A.Yes, with great pleasure B.No, I am afraid I can't make it
C.Yes, it is worth the time D.No, as long as it doesn't take long
During the summer holiday，some students might have been busy with traveling，summer camps
and all kinds of courses. But a special group of Chinese middle school students decided to taste the
hardship of life outside school.
Twelve students in a big city sold vegetables at a local market together. Within 12 days, theymade more than 1 ,500 yuan.
Among them , the oldest is 21 years old, while the youngest is just 10. They are all cousins in a
big family and eight of them are from rural areas.
“Compared to traveling, such social practice connects us and makes us learn how tough our
parents are," said Dalin,18，to the City Morning Post. Dalin, a senior high graduate, and her 12-
year-old brother Xiaolin came up with the idea.
They learned to work hard to sell their vegetables. Every morning they had to wake up at 3
o'clock.Some of them went to the farmer's market to buy vegetables. Some of them went to the
Local market to take up a temporary stall (临时摊位).To lower the cost , they learned to bargain
with the sellers.
At about 6:30 am, they began to sell vegetables. They peddled ( 吆喝) loudly to attract cus-
tomers. after several days, they got some experience, too.
For example, it was better to put vegetables in order and bigger ones on top. When the veg-
etables are too heavy, they should give customers an extra plastic bag.
When they finally packed up and went home, they had a small meeting. Everyone took notes
and shared their feelings.
“We are tired," said Dalin. but we gained a lot."
66.In the writer's opinion, the 12 students’ action was . （ ）
A.popular B.encouraging C.strange D.embarrassing
67.The cousins decided to sell vegetables at a market to .（ ）
A.show how able they were
B.have less hardship of life
C.learn how hard their parents work
D.prepare for their future traveling
68.They bargained with the sellers to .（ ）
A.cut down the cost B.share their feelings
C.get bigger vegetables D.attract more customers
69.It's clear that .（ ）
A.they took up the temporary stall in turn
B they gave each customer an extra plastic bag
C.Dalin and Xiaolin got the idea of selling vegetables
D.the elder sold vegetables when the younger took notes
70.The best title of the story should be .（ ）
A.Summer Courses B. Family Business
C.Students Learn from Bargains D.Cousins Work with vegetables
71. Which of the following is not a unit of weight?
A.ton B.milligram C. gram D.centimeter
72. Fifteen degrees centigrade below zero can be written .
A.15℃ B.15℉ C.-159℃ D.-15℉
73.The protective mask for electrician is made of .
A.rubber B. plastic C.metal D.cotton
4.- What do you think of the environment of your factory?
-Wonderful. of the land covered with trees and grass.
A.Two-fifths; is B.Two-fifth; is C.Two-fifths; are D.Two-fifth; are
75.The cube root of twenty-seven times five makes .
A.one hundred and thirty-five B. thirty-two
One day, a teacher was giving a speech to his students.He held up a glass of water and asked
the class," How heavy do you think this glass of water is?"
The students answers ranged from 20 g to 500 g. "It does not matter on the weight itself.It de-
pends on how long you hold it.If I hold it for a minute, it is OK.If I hold it for an hour, I will have
an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance. It is exactly the
same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."
“If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the bur-
den becoming increasingly heavier."
“What you have to do is to put the glass down, rest for a while before holding it up again.”
We have to put down the burden sometimes, so that we can be refreshed and are able to
So before you return home from work tonight, put the burden of work down.Don't carry it back
home. You can pick it up tomorrow.
Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders，let it down for a moment if you can.
76.The teacher brought a glass of water to the class because .（ ）
A.he was very thirsty
B.his arms were strong
C.it was a good example
D.he wants to share the water with student
77.The underlined phrase”A glass of water”in this passage referred to .（ ）
78.According to the teacher, you may feel if you put down the burden sometimes. （ ）
79.This was a lesson about .（ ）
A.how to solve a physics problem
B.how to relax oneself in life
C.how to keep fit by drinking water
D.how to study well
80.Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? （ ）
A.You could become heavier and heavier if you held a glass of water in your hand.
B.All the students in the class knew what the weight of the glass of water exactly was.
C.The teacher had a good way of making his lesson clear and easy to be understood,
D.AII the students can understand the teacher's lesson.
假设你是新华职业中学的学生李华，上周日不慎把书包遗失在操场上，里面有书本、学生证钱包等物品，你校外教Mr. Smith捡到后上交给学校。请你用英语给他写一封感谢信。 要求
Dear Mr. Smith,
1. B. [解析]本题考查元音字母o的发音，A、C、D选项发[ɒ]，B选项发[əʊ]，故选B。
2. C. [解析]本题考查字母组合ear的发音，A、B、D选项发[ɪə]，C选项发[ɜ:],故选C。
3. A. [解析]本题考查辅音字母u的发音，B、C、D选项发[ʌ], A选项发[ə]，故选A。
4. B. [解析]本题考查元音字母i的发音，A、C、D选项发[i], B选项发[ai], 故选B。
5. B. [解析]本题考查字母组合ie的发音，A、C、D选项发[ai]，B选项发[aiə],故选B。
6. D. [解析]本题考查字母组合th的发音，A、B、C选项发[θ]，D选项发[ð]，故选D。
7. B. [解析]本题考查字母组合or的发音，A、C、D选项发[ə], B选项发[ɔ:],故选B。
8. B. [解析]本题考查元音字母a的发音，A、C、D选项发[æ]，B选项发[ei],故选B。
9. C. [解析]本题考查辅音字母g的发音，A、B、D选项发[g]， C选项发[dʒ]， 故选C
10. C. [解析]本题考查字母组合ay的发音，A、B、D选项发[ei]，C选项发[i]，故选C.
11. D. [解析]本题考查冠词的用法。句意:“中国梦”是一个增强人们幸福感的梦，是一个和谐、和
平发展的梦。to improve people's well-being和of介词短语是dream的后置定语，此时dream为具体化的抽象
12.A. [解析]本题考查不定代词。句意:------你更喜欢哪件衬衣? -------我两件都不喜欢。它们又贵又不时尚。
neither 意为“两者都不”，本身表示否定; either 意为“(两者之中)任何个”; none意为“没有一个，
无人(指三者或三者以上)”; both 意为“两者都”。根据句意可知选A。
13. C.[解析]本题考查情态动词的现在完成时。句意: ---你 得到一张罚单。-----是的，但是当我到达转角处，我没有注意到路标。should have done意为“本应该做某事，实际却没有做”; must have done意为“一定做了”; could have done意为“本能够做某事，实际确没有”; might do意为“可能做某事”。因此句意为你本能够避免得到罚单，故选C。
14. A. [解析]本题考查形容词辨析。句意:学生人数的不断增加使有限的电脑不够每个学生使用。available意为“可利用的" ; affordable意为 “负担得起的”; helpful 意为“ 有帮助的”，acceptable 意为“可接受的”。根据句意选A。
15. C. [解析]本题考查情态动词的否定。needn't 意为“不需要”; may not意为“可能不”; mustn't意为“禁止”; wouldn't意为“不会，不愿”。句意:汤姆，禁止玩火。它是危险的。根据句意应选C。
16. A.[解析]本题考查短语辨析。一Gina,你看上去比之前瘦。有什么秘诀吗? 一 ，我比之前做了更多的锻炼。first of all意为“首先”; as a result意为“结果是”，in that case意为“即使那样，在那时候”; by the way意为“顺便说”。根据句意选A。
17, C. [解析]本题考查短语辨析。care about意为“担心，关心”; deal with意为“处理”; depend on意为“依赖，依靠”; care for 意为“照顾”。句意:如果我们太过依赖计算机，我担心有一天我们会忘记如何写汉字。根据句意选C。
18.A.[解析]本题考查介词短语。一我认为约翰在我们学校树立了好榜样。一确实是。不管谁遇到麻烦，他总是尽他最大的努力去帮助。in rouble意为“在危险、痛苦、忧虑的环境中”; in public意为“当众，公开地”; in person意为 “亲自”: in advance意为“ 提前，预先”。根据句意选A。
19. B. [解析]本题考查时态和被动语态。句意:一为什么你要离职? 一我再也不能忍受了。 我总是被要求加班。第一空因为有副词away,故第一空填一般现在时am。第二空根据句意为被动语态，故选B。
20. B. [解析]本题考查现在分词的用法。句意: 你刷牙时不要让水一直流着。leave .. sth. doing意为“...处于某种状态”。此处现在分词表示伴随，故选B.
21. B. [解析]本题考查介词的用法。句意:男孩有一张英俊的脸，除了他额头上的伤疤。except 表示“从所提到的人或事物中除去，从整体中除去一部分，表递减(前后同类)”; except for表示“美中不足有瑕疵(前后不同类)”; except that表示“除....外”，后面跟句子; besides 表示“除...之外，还...整体中加入一部分，表递加”。故选B。
22. B. [解析]本题考查情景交际。句意:----你接下来想做什么?篮球比赛前我们有半个小时的时间。一由你决定，无论你做什么我都同意。It just depends. 意为“视情况而定。”; It’s up to you. 意为“由你决定。”; All right.意为“一切都好。”; Glad to hear that.意为“听到这很开心。”。根据句意选B。
23. C. [解析]本题考查宾语从句的用法。句意:一露西, 我听说新的电视塔非常棒，你能告诉我怎么去那里吗?
24. B. [解析]本题考查动词辨析。句意:米歇尔找到了一份高中教师的工作，这份工作需要花费大量时间在学生身上。enjoy 意为”享受”; involve 意为“需要，涉及”; practice 意为”练习，实践”; suggest 意为“建议，表明”，这四个动词后面都可加doing形式。根据句意知选B。
25. A. [解析]本题考查定语从句。句意:这本书是从生活受到地震影响的人的生活的视角所讲述的地震的故事。that 指人或物，引导定语从句，在句子作主语和宾语，作宾语时可省略; whose 指人，引导定语从句，在句中作定语; who指人，引导定语从句，在句中作主语; which 指物，引导定语从句，在句中作主语或宾语。分析句子可知，先行词为those,定语从句主语为lives,与先行词构成所属关系，所以用whose引导，意为. ..的生活”。故选A。
26. C. [解析]本题考查虚拟语气。句意:-----你认为乔治通过驾驶考试了没?一 没有。 如果通过的话，他昨天就会开车来学校了。由句子中的yesterday知对一般过去时虚拟，填空处为主句，对主句虚拟为“would/ should could might + have done”句型， 故选C。
27. B. [解析]本题考查特殊句型的倒装。句意:直到他度过了真正的艰难时期，他才意识到爱对我们的家庭很重要。Not until 置于句首主句半倒装，故排除C和D。由从句的went through 的时态可知，应选B。
28. C. [解析]考查时态。句意:当我沿着街道散步的时候，我偶然遇到了多年未见的戴维。根据“I came across David" 可知偶遇戴维是在过去，“没有见"发生在过去的过去，故选C。
29. C. [解析]本题考查引导词的用法。unless 引导条件状语从句，表示“除非”; until 引导时间状语从句，表示“直到...为止”; as引导时间状语从句，表示“随着...., ...时”; while 引导时间状语从句，表示.....时”。句意:随着人口平均年龄的增长，越来越多的老人需要照顾。故选C。
30. B. [解析]本题考查固定搭配。句意:今天真热。你想去游泳吗? feel like doing sth. 意为“想去做某事”，故排除A和C,因为句子为一般现在时，故排除D,故选B。
31. D. [解析]本题考查介词的用法。句意:带有蓝色眼镜的苏格兰女孩获得了第五届汉语口语大赛的一等奖。by表示“通过;依据;被;经由;在附近”。of表示“关于....属于; ...的”。in表示“...里面; 多....之内; 用”。with表示“和...一起；随着；携带"。根据句意知:这里表示本身带有，故选D。
32. A. [解析]本题考查词汇辨析。句意:小男孩正追着他哥哥跑，这时候小男孩失去了平衡，摔了一大跤。balance意为“平衡”; chance意为“机会"; memory 意为“记忆”: place 意为“地方"， 根据句意选A。
33. C. [解析]本题考查形式宾语。句意:苏珊向我表明她希望能过上新的生活。分析句子，这是宾从句，make的宾治是that 引导的宾语从句，在本句中用it作形式宾语代指that引导的宾语从句。故选C。
34. D. [解析]本题考查形式宾语 句意:眼科医生建议小孩子在6 个月大的时候应该接受第一次视力检查。suggest 表示“建议"后接宾语从句时，从句中的谓语动词应用should +动词原形，其中should可省略但要注意如果suggest意为“暗示。表明”时不用虚拟语气。故选D.
35. B. [解析]本题考查时态。当我回家时我感到很累，我就直接上床了。根据句中的“and" 可知，填空处和主句felt时态应一致，故选B。
36. B. [解析]本题考查名词及语境的理解。park意为“公园”，hotel意为”宾馆"，restaurant意为“饭店”，hospital 意为”医院"。根据上句Last autumn, my 80-year-old grandmother was having problems with her heart. 可知:我80岁的奶奶患有心脏病。由此可以推断出:我的家人把她送到医院，表示”医院"，应用hospital, 故选B
37. D. [解析]本题考查形容词及语境的理解。wonderful 意为“极好的”，serious 意为“严重的”, difficult意为“困难的”，proper 意为“合适的，正确的”。根据后面you should have an operation 你应该手术，由此可以推断出:奶奶的心脏病很严重。故选B。
38. B. [解析]本题考查动词及语境的理解。advised 意为“建议”，warned意为“警告”，promised意为“承诺”，encouraged 意为“ 鼓励”，根据上文But the complications (并发症) can happen.可知:手术可能会发生并发症。由此可以推断出这里指“医生警告我的祖母”，看着她担心的脸。表示“警告”应用warned。故选B。
39. C. [解析]本题考查介词及语境的理解，before 意为“ .....之前.”，till 意为“直到”，during 意为“在....期间”，against 意为“反对”， 根据The doctor went on to say that she would have a 40 percent possibility of having a heart trouble .. the operation.可知:医生继续说，在手术过程中，她有40%的心脏病可能性。表示“在....期间”应用during,故选C。
40. D. [解析]本题考查动名词及语境的理解。fighting 意为“打架”， hurting 意为“受伤”，returning意为“返回”，dying意为“死亡”。根据The doctor went on to say that she would have a 40 percent possibility of
having a heart trouble during the operation, a 35 percent possibility of being unable to stand up，and even 20 percent
of .... on the operating table because of her old age.可知:医生继续说，手术过程中可能有40%的可能会让心脏病发作，有35%的可能性无法站立，甚至有20%的人因为年老而死于手术台。故选D。
41. D. [解析]本题考查名词及语境的理解。actions意为“行动”，changes 意为“变化”，possibilities意为“可能性”，conditions 意为“条件，状况”。根据上文The doctor went on to say that she would have a 40 percent possibility of having a heart trouble during the operation, a 35 percent possibility of being unable to stand up, and even 20 percent of .... on the operating table because of her old age.可知:这位医生提到手术结果的可能性。结合下文there is a 100 percent possibility that you won't operate on me!可知这里指“ 我的祖母非常惊讶，很快就说:‘医生，因为你正在考虑这些可能性，所以我有一个给你的机会:有100%的可能性，你不会给我动手术!’故选C。
42. A. [解析]本题考查介词及语境的理解，表示“说完这些话”，应用with these words,故选A。
43. A. [解析]本题考查动词及语境的理解。left 意为“离开”，researched 意为“研究”，passed 意为“通过”，visited 意为“ 参观”，根据With these words, my grandmother got up and ... the doctor's office.可知: 说了这些话，我的祖母起身离开了医生的办公室。故选A
44. B. [解析]本题考查代词及语境的理解。other 意为“ 别的，其他的”; the other意为“另外”，通常用one .. the other; another 意为“另外的”，表示不同的一个。 根据The next day，my grandmother went to ..doctor's ofice.可知:第二天，我的祖母去了另一个医生的办公室。表示“三个或三个以上的另一个”应用another,故选B.
45. A. [解析]本题考查名词及语境的理解。operation意为“手术”，experience意为“经历，经验”，offer意为“提议”，examination 意为“ 测试”。根据There she was also told she needed an..可知:她还被告知她需要手术，故选A。
46.C. [解析]本题考查名词及语境的理解。weight 意为“重量”，height 意为“身高”，length 意为“长度” ，age意为“年龄”。根据上文提到my 80 year old grandmother was having problems with her heart以及even 20 percent of dying on the operating table because of her old age. 可以推断出这里指“医生还说，她的年龄可能会导致些问题， 但他对手术的成功很有把握。"，故选C。
47. D. [解析]本题考查连词及语境的理解。when 意为....时候”， if意为“如果”，but 意为“但是” ，because意为“因为”。根据The doctor also said that her age might cause some problems, .. he was quite sure about the success of operation.前后两句表示转折关系，这里指“她的年龄可能会导致一些问题， 但他小于术的反现征有儿屋”，故选D。
48.B [解析]本题考查动词及语境的理解。 imagine意为“想象” ，recommend意为“推荐”，mind意为“介意”， need意为 “需要”。根据My grandmother might be brave, but she is not sill. She then ask the doctor,"if I am your mother, what will you ....？”可知这里指:我的祖母可能很勇敢，但她并不傻，然后她问医生:“如果我是你的母亲，你会推荐什么?”故选B。
49. C. [解析]本题查介词及语境的理解。above意为“在上面”，over意为“在上方”，around意为“在周围，环绕”。根据The doctor walked up to her, smiled, put his arms.... her, and said,“Mom, let's have the operation!"可知这里指:医生走到她面前，微笑着，搂着她，说:“妈妈，让我们做手术吧!”故选C。
50. D. [解析]考查形容词及语境的理解。disabled意为“残疾的”，sad意为“难过的”，dead意为“死的”，fine 意为”好的”。根据My grandmother had the operation and came out....!可知这里指:我的祖母进行了手术，结果很好!故选D。
51. A. [解析]推理判断题。根据“Mr. White works in an office. One day, when he had lunch, a friend came to visit him. They were very happy and talked a lot. Then they looked at the clock on the wall.",可知，这件事情发生在White先生吃完午饭之后，去上班的路上，所以可以推测是下午。故选A。
52. C. [解析]细节理解题。根据“It was time to go to office. He had to say goodbye to his friend and left. It was raining hard and the streets were wet. He drove too fast to see the red lights.",可推测他车开得这么快，是怕迟到。可知正确答案是C。
53. A.[解析]细节理解题。根据“And he couldn't stop his car and hit a car in front of his."，可知White先生开车太快没有看到红灯，他没有把车停下来，所以撞到了他前面的车上。故选A。
54. D. [解析]细节理解题。根据短文的最后几段可知，White 先生给了那个司机一瓶酒，想让他喝
55. D. [解析]推理判断题。根据短文的最后几段可知，White 先生给了那个司机一瓶酒，让他喝醉，这样警察来的时候就会以为这次事故是那个司机的责任了;所以White先生是愚弄了那个司机。故选D。
56. B. [解析]细节理解题。根据第二段Like other kinds of grass, a bamboo plant may be cut very low to the ground, but it will grow back very quickly. 像其他种类的草样，竹子可以割到离地面很低，但很快就会长出来，故选B。
57. A. [解析]细节理解题。根据第二段Bamboo grows almost everywhere in the world except Europe. 除了欧洲，竹子几乎在世界各地生长，故选A。
58. C.[解析]细节理解题。根据最后一 段In Africa, poor farmers are taught how to find water using bamboo. These African countries need cheap way to find water because they have no money,可知非洲人用竹子主要是因为竹子便宜，而他们又没有钱，故选C。
59. C. [解析]细节理解题。根据最后出段Bamboo pipes (管子) help poor farmers bring water to their thirsty fields without spending a lot of money.竹管子帮助贫穷的农民把水送到他们干渴的田地。而不花很多钱。可知选C。
50. D. [解析]细节理解题。根据第五段Many Asian countries have used bamboo for hundreds of years. 许多亚洲国家使用竹子已有数百年的历史，可知选D。
61. C, [解析]本题考查情景交际。Go ahead意为“去吧;干吧”; Cheers 意为“干杯”; Congratulations意为“祝贺你”; Come on意为“加油”。分析题干意思，第一说话人说:“我得到了我想要的在公共图书馆的工作”，第二说话人表示祝贺，应该用“ 祝贺你(Congratulations) ”。其他三项均不符合题意。故正确答案为C。
62. B, [解析]本题考查情景交际。句意:-----为什么不待得更久一点呢?-------我想，但是我真的不得不走。A项，Never mind,“别介意”; B项，I'd love to.“我想要.... C项，“很高兴见到你”; D项、I can't find any reason.“ 我找不到任何理由”。根据句意只有B项符合。
63. D. [解析]本题考查情景交际。A项，I is my pleasure, “我很高兴，乐意效劳”，用于答应对方的请求; B项，Never mind.“没关系”; C项，Leave it alone.“不要管它": D项，Good for you,“真好”;句意：------我很快将去西班牙度假。-------真好。根据句意放选D。
64. A. [解析]本题考查情景交际。A项意为“我能为你做点什么?”; B项意为“正如我所料”; C项意为“情况怎么样呢?”; D项意为“给你”。根据题干句意:“酶，我能请你帮个忙吗?”“当然可以”，可
65. D. [解析]本题考查情景交际。A项，Yes, with great pleasure意为“介意，是我的荣幸”:B项，No, I am afraid I can’t make it. 意为“不介意，我恐怕不能做”; C项，Yes. It is worth the time.意为“介意，这值得花费时间”: D项，No, as long as it doesn't take long.“不介意，只要不用太多时间”。结合语境，提问者说:“你介意回答一些关于购物习惯的问题吗?”，回答中只有D项不自相矛盾。故正确答案为D。
66. B. [解析]细节理解题。阅读短文可知，作者是以鼓励性的态度来描述这12个孩子的行为的，选B。
67. C. [解析]细节理解题。根据第4段的“Compared to traveling, such social practice connects us and makes us learn how tough our parents are,"故正确答案是C。
68. A. [解析]细节理解题。根据第5段的To lower the cost, they learned to bargain (讲价) with the sellers.可知答案为A。
69. C. [解析]细节理解题。根据第4段的Dalin, a senior high graduate, and her 12-year-old brother Xiaolin came up with the idea. 可知答案C
70. D. [解析]主旨大意题。本文介绍了12个兄弟暑假卖蔬菜体验生活的故事，故选D。
71. D. [解析]本题考查单位名称。句意:下列哪个不是重量单位? 选项A意为“吨”;选项B意为“毫克”;选项C意为“克”;选项D意为“厘米”。故选D。
72. C. [解析]本题考查温度的表达。Fifteen degrees centigrade below zero意为“零下15C”，故选C。
73. C. [解析]本题考查电工知识。句意:电工防护面罩由什么制成?选项A意为“橡胶”;选项B意为“塑料”;选项C意为“金属”;选项D为“棉花”。根据常识电工防护面罩由金属制成。
74. A. [解析]本题考查分数和主谓一致。句意:------你觉得这里的环境怎么样?一太棒了! 五分之二的土地都被花草树木覆盖了。分数的构成形式为:分子用基数词，分母用序数词。当分子大于“1”时，分母用复数形式。“分数+of+名词/代词”作主语时，谓语动词的单复数取决于名词或代词的单复数，land是不可数名词，谓语动词用单数，故答案为A。
75. D. [解析]本题考查数学运算。句意: 27的立方根乘以5等于多少?运算可得15,故选D。
76. C. [解析]细节理解题。根据One day, a teacher was giving a speech to his students. He held up a glass of water and asked the class以及下文描述，可知这里老师通过给学生举端一杯水时不累，但时间久了会承受不了，来说明有时我们不得不放下负担，这样我们可以恢复过来，并能够继续前行。所以是个好例子，故选C。
77. B. [解析]词义猜测题。根据文章第三段介绍If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the burden becoming increasingly heavier.可知我们迟早会承受不住，一般说承受不住的应该是“负担”，这里作者把水比成了负担。所以可以推测这里单词burden的意思应该是负担，故选B。
78. A. [解析]细节理解题。根据文章第五段We have to put down the burden sometimes, so that we can be refreshed (使恢复) and are able to carry on.“我们有时必须要将负担放下来，以至于我们可以恢复能力，并能够继续前行。”可知，有时将负担放下来可以使我们放松、有生气;故选A
79. B. [解析]主旨大意题。根据Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders, let it down for a moment if you can.可知，本文主要是告诉我们如何减负及放松，所以本题选B。
80. C. [解析]推理判断题。根据the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes. 可知是杯子变得越来越重，故A错误;由The students' answers ranged from 20 8 to 500g可知学生不知道杯子的重量，故B错误;老师通过端一杯水的例子，时间越长会感觉越重来说明人生要放下负担，才会放松，故选C。
Dear Mr. Smith,
I'm Li Hua, a student from XinHua Vocational School, I'm writing to this letter to thank you for returning my schoolbag.
Last Sunday afternoon, after I played basketball with my friends on the playground, I left my schoolbag there because of my carelessness, I was worried because there were my textbook, my student's ID card, my wallet and some
other things in it, which are very important to me, Just as I was feeling sad and disappointed, I was noticed that my
schoolbag was at the school's Lost and Found. Thank you very much for picking up my schoolbag and handing it in.
It's very kind of you! You did set a good example to us.