1. A. damage B. patient C. bank D. badly
2. A. supply B. suffer C. sun D. summary
3. A. nod B. lost C. proper D. above
4. A. enough B. right C. bright D. sightseeing
5. A. Monday B. day C. yesterday D. Sunday
6. A. tasks B. photos C. legs D. names
7. A. good B. look C. food D. foot
8. A. rather B. those C. breath D. thus
9. A. cheap B. leave C. means D. great
10. A. reach B. stomach C. choice D. watch
11. ______ the two oceans the Pacific is ______.
A. In; the larger B. Of; the larger
C. Of; larger D. For; larger
12. Tony is coming with ______ boys.
A. little two other B. two other little
C. two little other D. little other two
13. Please write your composition ______ line to leave space for the teacher’s correction.
A. one another B. every other
C. any other D. each other
14. The cost of gas is less than ______ of oil.
A. that B. one C. the one D. it
15. ______, great changes have taken place in our hometown.
A. In 1980s B. In the 1980
C. In a 1980s D. In the 1980s
16. Everyone looked ______ when they know the ______ news.
A. amazing; amazed B. amazing; amazing
C. amazed; amazing D. amazed; amazed
17. I ______ ten minutes to decide whether I should reject the offer.
A. gave B. was given
C. was giving D. had given
18. Wechat, as well as telephones, ______ an important part in daily communication.
A. is playing B. have played
C. are playing D. play
19. In the dark street, there wasn’t a single person ______ she could turn for help.
A. that B. who
C. from whom D. to whom
20. ______ cleaning the door, he began to prepare breakfast.
A. Having finished B. finished
C. finishing D. Being finished
21. It is in 1960 ______ Chinese first put out flag on Mount Qomolangma.
A. when B. that C. which D. in which
22. I wonder how much ______.
A. does the watch cost B. did the watch cost
C. the watch cost D. the watch costs
23. Not until I began to work ______ how much time I had wasted.
A. did I realize B. I didn’t realize
C. didn’t I realize D. I realized
24. ______ as China’s national opera, Beijing Opera originated in the late 18th century.
A. Knowing B. is known C. Known D. Knows
25. This is the reason ______ people are very choosy about colors when ______ their rooms.
A. why; decorate B. why; decorating
C. that; decorated D. that; decorates
26. We must avoid ______ time and resources.
A. waste B. wastes
C. wasting D. to waste
27. -How does your English teacher help you practice English?
-By encouraging us to ______ some dialogues with our partner in class.
A. grow up B. make up
C. turn up D. take up
28. ______ he said at the meeting astonished everybody present.
A. What B. That
C. The D. The matter
29. Is this school ______ they visited the other day?
A. that B. which C. where D. the one
30. -What do you think of the book?
-Oh, excellent. It is worth ______ second time.
A. to read a B. to read the
C. reading a D. being read the
31. You can go out ______ you promise to be back before 11 o’clock.
A. so long as B. as far as
C. so that D. in case
32. If you ______ the medicine you ______ better now.
A. took; would feel
B. had taken; felt
C. had taken; would feel
D. took; would have felt
33. -Do you have clothes ______? I’ll wash them for you.
-No, thank you. I will wash them myself.
A. to be washed B. to wash
C. washing D. being washed
34. Don’t have the water ______ like this all the time, ______?
A. run; do you B. running; will you
C. to run; will you D. run; shall we
35. -I think it ______ to smoke.
A. was wrong; Neither do I
B. wrong; So I do
C. wrong; So I don’t
D. wrong; So do I
The generation gap（代沟）has become a 36 problem. I read a 37 about it in the newspaper. Some children have killed themselves after quarrels with 38 . I think this is because they don’t often have a talk with each other. Parents now 39 more time in the office, 40 they don’t have much time to 41 with their children. As time passes. they 42 feel that they don’t have the 43 topics（话题）to talk 44 . I want to tell parents to be more with your 45 , get to know them and 46 them. And for children, show your 47 to your parents. They are the people who 48 you. So 49 them your thoughts. In this way, you 50 have a better understanding of each other.
36. A. serious B. wonderful
C. necessary D. thankful
37. A. message B. call
C. report D. letter
38. A. friends B. teachers
C. classmates D. parents
39. A. spend B. stay
C. work D. have
40. A. because B. if
C. but D. so
41. A. study B. do
C. stay D. shop
42. A. neither B. either
C. all D. both
43. A. interesting B.same
C. true D. good
44. A. about B. of
C. in D. above
45. A. business B. children
C. work D. office
46. A. get on with B. look after
C. understand D. love
47. A. interest B. secret
C. trouble D. feelings
48. A. hate B. love
C. live D. speak
49. A. tell B. ask
C. answer D. say
50. A. can B. should
C. must D. would
DIY, which means “Do If Yourself”, is quite popular in the UK. Lots of stores and supermarkets sell DIY things. TV programs show people how to DIY.
English people like DIY. There is a saying in UK—— “As Englishman’s home is his castle”. A number of people spend their holidays making their homes beautiful “castles”. If there is anything that needs fixing around their homes, such as painting the walls or putting in a new shower, they will do the jobs themselves. They share DIY experience with their friends. More and more people have discovered the joy of IDY. Sometimes people also DIY for saving money. With the economic downturn（经济萎缩）at present, many people can not afford a big house. They are looking at how they can make their house better without spending a lot of money. It is not surprising that DIY is so popular.
DIY can be difficult. There is a big market for DIY furniture which people need to get together themselves with a few basic tools. However, people often find it not easy to build a piece of furniture because they can’t understand the instructions. Sometimes the instructions are simple and clear, but the furniture itself is difficult to build. One thing is for sure, though most DIY projects are started with the best intentions（意图）. Many of them may not get finished. DIY can also be dangerous. For example, anything electrical should be done by a professional worker. Unluckily, many people don’t care about this warning and put themselves in danger. It is reported that in just one year over 230,000 people were hurt while doing DIY in UK, including 41,000 who fell off ladders.
So DIY can bring us fun and help us save money, but it is not always as easy as it is thought to be if we bite off more than we can chew. Maybe factories should make products that are easier and safer for us to DIY.
51. The word “afford” in the passage means ______.
A. 买得起 B. 丧失 C. 赚到 D.住进
52. How do many English people spend their holidays to the passage?
A. Making their homes beautiful.
B. Visiting their friends.
C. Travelling all over the world
D. Making a lot of money
53. Why do English people like DIY?
A. Many stores sell DIY things.
B. DIY can bring them fun.
C. TV programs teach them to DIY
D. All DIY projects are easy.
54. What can we learn from the passage?
A. DIY is a waste of money.
B. it is always difficult to DIY
C. It is very safe for us to DIY.
D. We should be careful while doing DIY.
55. In the passage, “we bite off more than we can chew” probably means.
A. We can eat everything we like.
B. We should do something difficult.
C. We do something that is too difficult.
D. We eat too much food that is not safe.
On May 23, Shenzhen introduced tough new rules in order to discourage the “Chinese style of crossing the road”. “Chinese people cross roads without thinking about traffic lights, so long as they are part of a crowd,” said a post on Sina Weibo.
A CCTV news program showed that in only an hour, more than 600 people jumped red lights when crossing a road in Shijiazhuang, Hebei.
Many people say that they jaywalk（乱穿马路）because the red light lasts too long. Such an opinion is supported by a research team at Tongji University. The team did research on epople’s waiting times at different road crossings for three years. They found that Chinese people would wait for 70 to 90 seconds before they lost their patience. “People are likely to ignore the light when the waiting time is longer than they can bear,” said Ni Ying, a member of the research team.
However, a survey on Sina Weibo suggested that people jaywalk mainly because they ignore rules. “I always obey traffic rules. Time is important but safety should come first,” someone wrote on his Weibo.?
Many countries give out punishments to jaywalkers. In Singapore, the maximum can be three months in prison. Some Chinese cities have started taking some actions, too. For example, the first three people in a jaywalking group will be fined 50 yuan in Shijiazhuang.
But calling on people to respect rules is more important. To completely solve the problem, everyone should realize the importance of obeying the traffic rules.
56. Which of the following is the “Chinese style road crossing”?
A. To cross a road slowly.
B. To follow the basic traffic rules.
C. To wait for the traffic light to turn green.
D. To cross roads without looking at traffic lights.
57. What does the phrase “the team” in Paragraph 3 refer to?
A. A CCTV news program.
B. A research group at Tongji University.
C. A post on Sina Weibo.
D. A daily newspaper.
58. How long will Chinese people wait for to cross the road before they lose patience?
A. About five minutes.
B. Less than one minute.
C. Less than one and a half minutes.
D. More than ten minutes.
59. Why do people jaywalk according to the survey on Sina Weibo?
A. Because people don’t pay much attention to rules.
B. Because there are too many people on the road.
C. Because the red light lasts too long.
D. Because people have less patience.
60. The writer suggests that we should ______ to solve the problem of jaywalking.
A. punish the jaywalkers
B. reduce the time of red lights
C. ignore the traffic rules
D. call on people to obey the traffic rules
61. -Can you finish the writing on time?
A. Never mind B. With pleasure
C. No problem D. All right
62. -When ______ we meet again?
-______ it any time you like
A. will; Do B. will; Make
C. shall; Do D. shall; Make
63. If you have time tonight, I’d like to invite you to a ball.
-That’s very nice of you, but are you ______?
A. free B. careful C. serious D. true
64. -How is ______ going with you?
A. everything B. anything
C. something D. nothing
65. Look at the picture. What will the boy probably say to the granny?
A. “It doesn’t matter. Nothing serious.”
B. “I’m terribly sorry. Are you OK?”
C. “Nice to meet you. How are you?”
D. “Bad luck. You are so careless.”
How green are you? Do you know how to be green?
We all need a healthy environment, but we produce waste every day and it does harm to our environment. Though we are young, we can still do something to help. In fact, even the simplest everyday activities can make a real difference to the environment. Here are some ideas for you.
Reduce means “use less”. Don’t waste things. This saves money and reduces pollution and waste going into the environment. Before we buy something new, think whether it is really necessary--or maybe the old one will be just as good! When we do buy things, choose local products if possible, and try not to buy too many things from abroad.
Reuse means “use again”. Use things for as long as possible. When we buy things, make sure that they last a long time. We should look after them so that they will last, and we should repair them if we can instead of throwing them away and buying new ones. Don’t use a paper cup or a paper bag. It’s better to use a china cup and a lunch box because you can use them again.
Recycle means “change things into something else”, Though it takes energy to change something into something else, it’s better than throwing things away or burning them. Find out what can be recycled in your neighborhood and take part in recycling programs. We should also buy products made from recycled materials, such as recycled paper, to help save trees.
So please remember these three words: reduce reuse and recycle.
66. What is the passage about?
A. How to produce things.
B. How to burn things.
C. How to help others.
D. How to be green.
67. Which of the following is right?
A. Don’t waste things.
B. Always throw away old things.
C. Always buy new things.
D. Buy too many things from abroad.
68. Why is it better to use a china cup and a lunch box?
A. You can burn them.
B. You can use them again.
C. You can throw them away.
D. You can change them into something else.
69. To protect the environment, we should remember these three words:______.
A. waste, reuse and recycle
B. repair, burn and recycle
C. reduce, reuse and recycle
D. reduce, waste and recycle
70. The passage may come from ______.
A. a menu B. a dictionary
C. a storybook D. a magazine
71. “12×3=36 “can be written “______”
A. Twelve plus three makes thirty-six.
B. Twelve times three makes thirty-six.
C. Twelve minus three makes thirty-six.
D. Twelve divided y three makes thirty-six.
72. Which is the wrong expression? ______
A. The hole is 90mm deep
B. Milligram means thousandth of a gram
C. Weight of an apple is 150ml
D. The hole is 90mm in depth
73. If H2 burns in O2 we can get ______.
A. The hole is 90mm deep
B. Milligram means thousandth of a gram
C. Weight of an apple is 150ml
D. The hole is 90mm i depth
73. If H2 burns in O2, we can get ______.
A. H2 B. H2O C. O2 D. H2O2
74. The sum of the whole numbers between 1 and 100 is ______.
A. 101 B. 5050 C. 1000 D. 100
75. -What number should appear next after eight-one?
A. two hundred and forty-nine
B. two hundred and forty-one
C. two hundred and forty-eight
D. two hundred and forty-three
|Yunmeng Water Park|
Ticket Price: 80 yuan on weekdays
100 yuan on weekends
Opening Time: 10:00a.m. --3:00p.m.
Can you speak English well? Can you work hard?
Do you know much about Beijing? Do you want to work as volunteers?
Age: 20-50 Please call: 8951568
A sports bag. It’s black.
There is a basketball, a pair of sports shoes in it.
Come to Classroom 201.
|Movies in Dadi Cinema Today|
Kung Fu Panda: 6:00p.m.--8:00p.m.
Ticket price: ¥25
Booking office: 8601002
76. If you want to pay less money in Yunmeng Water Park, you can go there on ______.
A. Monday B. Saturday
C. Sunday D. every day
77. The owner of the sports bag may be good at playing ______.
A. baseball B. volleyball
C. basketball D. tennis
78. Tom wants to be a volunteer, he should call ______.
A. 8601002 ` B. 8951568
C. 8595885 D. 3215535
79. Lin Tao can be a volunteer because he speaks ______ well.
A. French B. Chinese
C. English D. Japanese
80. Mr. Brown won’t be free until 4:30p.m. Which movie can he see?
A. Spider-Man. B. any one
C. Titanic. D. Kung Fu Panda.